Sunday, March 28, 2010

Felt dolls and French

A really fun thing I did with my kids this weekend was to cut out a few dolls and clothes from felt. Felt is kind of hard to cut for kids, so I did most of that work, but they got to design the clothes.

Felt is really neat because it stick to other felt. Thus, you can play 'paper dolls' but with your felt dolls. While you do this you can practice clothing words in French.

First, you can have your children decorate the clothes you cut out with glitter, markers, fake jewels or anything you can think of. Then, afterwards you can do different role playing games or just change the clothes and mix and match outfits. Make sure they practice their French the entire time!

I think your kids will really enjoy this activity. And, felt is really cheap to buy. You can find it at Wal-mart or Michael's.
Here's an example of what you can do. Ours didn't turn out as well, so I thought I'd show this example instead. :-)

Here are a few French clothing words you can use:

un manteau -coat
un pull - sweater
un tee-shirt - T-shirt
un pantalon - pants
un jean - jeans
un short - shorts
des chausettes - socks
des chaussures - shoes
des tennis - sneakers
un pyjama - pajamas

1 comment:

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Please let me know if you ever figure out "silly" in French!