Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simon Says

A great way to practice commands is by playing simon says. You can say Simon dit… (Simon says…) then you can add a multitude of commands. Simon dit sautes! (Simon says jump!) Simon dit touches tes chaussures! (Simon says touch your shoes!) Arrêt! (stop!)

There are endless possibilities for this game. You can review eveything they have learned in French so far. You can practice colors by saying Simon dit touches quelque chose bleu. (Simon says touch something blue.) Or you can practice numbers, Simon dit sautes trois fois. (Simon dit sautes trois fois.)

Like other activities, keep it fun and entertaining for your kids. If you feel your commands are a bit hard for them and they are confused, feel free to whisper the translation in English. You don’t want your kids to get a bad taste in their mouth from French.

2 comments:

Charrell Designs said...

I just stumbled on your blogger looking for games to teach French to children. My sister-in-law just moved to France with her husband and we will be traveling there to visit. I am learning French as well as teaching my children. I was so excited to see your blog as I know even tho I am an adult it will help me as well as help them learn!

Yvonne Crawford said...

Hi Charrell,
You can do it together! It will be so much fun for your family. I hope you have an amazing trip to France!
Yvonne