Friday, September 4, 2009

Cribbage anyone?


This is such a random spur of the moment game I played with my 4 year old daughter today. She found an old cribbage board I had laying around and wanted to play. I didn't feel up to teaching her how to play cribbage, so instead I turned it into a French counting game. I was the blue peg and she was the red peg. I would tell her how many spaces she could go in French and she would count in French as she hopped into each hole. Then she did the same to me. Obviously she won because she kept giving me low numbers and I gave her high numbers because I wanted her to practice larger numbers in French, but it was really a lot of fun.

If you have never seen a cribbage board or don't know what it is, then this post will probably make no sense to you, but if you do have one laying around, it really is a fun way to pass the time on a lazy summer day.

No comments: