Thursday, October 8, 2009

I spy something...


Today I spent about 30 minutest playing I spy with my daughter in French. She really enjoyed it. If your kids are beginners, you can simply say: "I spy, with my little eye, something vert." (green) However, if you want you can increase the difficulty you can, say: "Je vois quelque chose vert." (I see something green.) It's really a fun way to pass the time, while learning a little French.

Also, depending on where you play this game you can practice different types of vocabulary. In the kitchen, at the park, outside, in the bedroom, or even in the bathroom while they are taking a bath. Why not? Even if they don't know the word and they say the word in English, you can say, yes, it is a ____ and change their English word to French.

2 comments:

Sasha "Strawberries" said...

I teach French to preschool children and I must say that I take inspiration in all of your creative ideas! Vous avez une grande variété et je vous remercie beaucoup!

Yvonne Crawford said...

Thank you so much! I hope to post some new ideas I've been working on soon. I just need to test them out on my kids first. :)