Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Horses in French

My daughter loves horses and she asked me to learn some horse words in French and wanted to play some kind of horse game too.



Vocabulary:

le cheval - the horse

les chevaux - the horses

J'ai - I have

Tu as - You have



Activity:

What we did was simply gather all of her toy horses together (mostly My Little Ponies) and we grouped them and talked about how many she had and how many I had. We also spoke about them running and jumping. She also spoke about how she loved them in French. So, you can make this activity to the level of your children.

Here's a small clip of her speaking French.


2 comments:

Montessori Moments said...

i found you from the mom blogs and I am SO GLAD i did. My husband and I are taking French classes once a week. Our daughters (4 &1) will attend an all french school so we are trying to learn a bit as well. The 4 year old goes to an all French pre-maternelle 1 full day a week, and 1 half day a week. Next year maternelle is all day every day.
Your site will be a great help!

Yvonne Crawford said...

HI! Thanks for visting my blog. That sounds awesome that your daughters will attend an all French school and you and your husband are taking lessons as well. Such a fun thing to do as a family. Good luck to you and let me know if you need any help with anything!
Yvonne