Monday, May 11, 2009

Books in French and in English

Another good way to increase your child's vocabulary, especially school aged kids is to get some books that have the story in French and in English. Some people think that you should only get French books, but with the French/English books it may not intimidate your reader as much.

Also, you could do both. Get a few books that are only in French and some that are in both French and in English. I know Barnes and Noble has some, but you might have to ask someone where they are located because in our book store they were in a bottom corner of a shelf and I would've never found them if I didn't ask. Amazon has some as well or you could search on Ebay for some great deals from Canada.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for all the great ideas!!! I have my degree in French and now tudor. It is hard to come up with one on one ideas, but your blog has helped me a lot. I will be doing the sidewalk chalk tomorrow if it's not raining :) Merci!!