Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Create Flash Cards

Creating your own Flash Cards is a great way to learn new vocabulary in French. With my younger daughter, who is 3 years old, I usually find pictures on line and print them out and let her color and paste them onto cards. The whole time she is coloring she is repeating the French name of the word over and over again.

For my 6 year old I have him draw the pictures sometimes. Because he is actually seeing the picture in his head as he draws it on the card, I really feel like he is focusing on it and will learn it better in the long run. This really works well for things that he likes, for example: train, car, truck.

It really doesn't matter which way you make them, but I do know one thing, if they are actively involved in making the cards then they tend to have more pride in the cards so when you use them as flashcards to review, they'll say things like "I remember when I drew that! That's a voiture!"

No comments: