Friday, March 27, 2009

Tired Mommies

I try to teach my kids a little (or a lot of French) each day, but sometimes this mommy is just too tired or sick. As a homeschooling mother of 3 I sometimes need a break from school and teaching. So why not? Why not take a day off from learning French. You may just be surprised when your children ask YOU "Mama when is French class today?"

I think the moral of the story is it's okay to take a break from teaching your kids French especially because maybe, just maybe your kids will actually want to do it more.

Then there is another tactic that I spoke about before. If you are truly tired/sick but still want to teach your children some French, why not pop a Disney DVD in and change the track to French? We really like to watch Lion King and Aladdin in French. It's great for the kids to hear the accents of native speakers. Also, one thing that I like to do is find the lyrics of the Disney songs on the internet and we sing with the movies together. The kids love it.

No comments: