Thursday, April 2, 2009

How to teach kids French when it's raining outside...

Today is dreary day today; it has been raining non-stop. The first thing on the agenda is to teach my kids how to say: "Il pleut." It's raining. So all day long we've been saying Il pleut instead of It's raining. Since it's been raining for hours, it's safe to say that they know that phrase well!

Onto our craft for the day, today we bragged to their grandparents that they know some French. We are made Easter cards for them. For my younger daughter who is three, I wrote some french words on a folded piece of constuction paper. We repeated the words together and she drew pictures to represent each item. For my son, who I homeschool, we did the same thing, but he wrote the words himself. He's almost 6 so this isn't too hard for him at all. I just had to help a little with the spelling. Then we put the cards into envelopes and put them in the mail box for Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure they will be very impressed with their grandchildren learning French. I know I'm impressed with them.

It really makes me happy when we a successful French learning activity.

No comments: