Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When should I teach my kids French?

"When should I teach my kids French?" This is a question that some of my friends ask me from time to time. My answer is: whenever you think your kids are the most focused. For me, it's between about 9am and 11am. For others it's right after nap/rest time. As a homeschooling mother it is easier for me to keep a routine, so I like to do it the same time every day. But I have lots of friends who do it whenever the mood moves them. So my advice to you is to not force it, but make it part of your regular routine. If you are someone who has a rigid schedule of homeschooling, then add a 30min slot for French. If you are someone who changes their homeschooling routine on a daily basis, then don't plan on it and just do it when you want. The moral of the story is to do it, whenver you want to do it, for how long you want to do it. I think you'll receive the best results if you teach French every day, this way you can continually reinforce the things that you have already taught your children.

No comments: