Sunday, April 19, 2009

French words of praise

Throughout the day I find myself constantly encouraging my children to do this or to that and tell them that they've done well when they show me something they've built, colored or drawn. What I've been doing lately is try to take the English out of my praising and encouragment and only say those things in French.

For example:

fantastic! - fantastique!
You will succeed. - Tu vas réussir.
incredible! - incroyable!
pefect! - parfait!
excellent! - excellent!
good job! - bon travail!
very good! - très bien!

and my personal favorite - oh là là! The cutest thing is when your own kids start saying oh là là!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog really awesome. I really enjoyed while i reading this nice post. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I like French culture, tradition, french food etc . Last summer I have visited France as well as I have visited french restaurant. I have enjoyed French food very much.
comprehensive