Friday, April 10, 2009

Why blog about French teaching tips for kids?

A lot of my close friends have asked me lately why I have a blog to help parents teach their kids French. My answer is because I have always loved the French language and I hope more people will teach their kids French.

My love of language occured at an early age. I remember going to the university library with my mom when she was working on her Masters Degree. I was about 12 years old and I wandered around the library. I came across some language books, at least one was French and some others were less known languages. I asked my mom to check them out and she did. I was glued to those books for weeks. Back then there were no other resources for learning a language so her University library was my only link. The local library in our town didn't even have any language books. So today, I feel very fortunate to have so many resources in our town, library and on the internet that help me teach my kids French.

Another reason is that I think some times parents have an idea in their head about what they want to teach their kids, be it Teach French or Homeschool or whatever and before they try it they might search on blogs to see who is doing it so they can be pointed in the right direction. Why reinvent the wheel if you don't have to? So if I can just even help 1 mother or father start in their quest to help their child learn French or any foreign language then I know that my blog was successful.

So have dive in and have fun teaching your kids French. They will appreciate it when they are older and probably even now!

1 comment:

Clarissa Advincula said...

I came across your blog site because I too am a mom who believes in the positives of training kids to be multilingual, and like you, would like my child to grow up speaking French. My daughter is 2 years old and it does seem like a daunting task to "teach" her a language that I dont read or speak. This blogsite will be one of my resources for sure. Thank you.