Monday, April 13, 2009

Teaching boys French

Now it's time for a little French for boys. What do boys like? My 6 year old boy loves cars, constuction equiptment and trains. So I try to throw some specialized lessons that are just right for him. One game I like to do is we set up all of the dining room chairs in a straight line and we pretend it's a train. He usually wants to be the conductor and I'm usually a passenger. Then we say where we are going and what we see in French. This isn't a game just for boys, my 3 year old daughter loves it too.

Je vois un oiseau. I see a bird.
Je vois un arbre. I see a tree.
Je vois une maison. I see a house.

One thing you can do with your train game, you can focus on 1 specific group of words for your train journey that day. Colors, numbers, family members, animals, whatever you have been studying that day or whatever you wish to review.

Enjoy!

No comments: