Saturday, April 18, 2009

When your work pays off...

In the United States we don't get a lot of opportunities to speak French with other people, but today we had one and it was so rewarding. My husband, my kids and I went to a historical state park today. There were a ton of visitors as it's a very popular tourist attraction. We went on this boat that was on the sites to see and my son heard a couple speaking French. He went up to them and said a few kind words to them in French and they were really touched. I was so proud of him for not being shy and busting out with his French. It warmed my heart to see all of my efforts so fruitful.

This summer we are taking a trip to Canada and I'm hoping we all get to practice our French a lot more there. It's fun to put it to use in the real world.

No comments: