Tuesday, June 12, 2012

HoJo's Magic Squares

The other evening, my daughter was bored to tears and I was running out of ideas of games for her to play. There were about 45 minutes until bedtime and I needed to fill them with something so that I could finish up my work. I stumbled upon this great game - Math Magic Square Freebie - adding with 0 to 12. I printed it out hoping that it would be fun for my daughter and it far exceeded my expectations. My daughter absolutely loved playing this game. Then, my son came over and he wanted to join in the fun, so I found some that were more advanced for him. My children love puzzles and they love games, so this really combines the two nicely while reviewing math skills with some sets and language arts skills with other sets. As you can see by the pictures below, my kids were really into it! You can check Hojo's blog by going here to see other great ideas she has for kids:
HoJo's Teaching Adventures

No comments: