Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mini-Reader Freebie from Teach 123

I found another great freebie from a friend of mine at Teach 123. It's a really cute activity that my daughter loved doing! It's a cute little booklet that you can download by going to Teach123. My daughter got to practice some English grammar (which I'm always interested in doing with her since she doesn't learn it in school here France). And the best part for my daughter was the fact that she got to make her own illustrations for her book. Another idea you can do with this booklet is to have your children read the booklet outloud to you while you videotape them. My daughter really loves it if I videotape her. She wants to watch herself over and over again. And since we're in France, I plan on videotaping her and putting it on YouTube so we can stay better connected with our relatives in the United States. She likes being on YouTube! And if you are worried about YouTube, there are settings where you can set it to private. I hope you enjoy the freebie! Also check out Teach123's website for more freebies and great teaching posts!
Teach 123
P.S. I would've shown you pictures of my daughter doing the activity, but she wasn't ready for her work to be captured on film today. She wanted her drawings to be just right! The joy of a 6 year old, sometimes she wants her picture taken and other times she refuses! Now I'm off to find more great freebies!!!

No comments: